1. We do our utmost to protect the privacy of our users through the appropriate use of secure technologies. This means:
- We ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information.
- We ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider employs appropriate security measures.
2. We will respect your privacy. You will receive marketing emails from SI-UK only if you are voluntarily registered for our email newsletter. We will never share your email address with any third parties without your permission.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
How we use your information
1. Controllers of personal information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by SI-UK is controlled by SI-UK (the data controllers), whose registered office is at: SI-UK, 211-213 Regents Street, Mayfair, London W1B 4NF.
2. What personal information about SI-UK clients do we collect?
The information we gather from our clients help us to continually improve the way we deliver services to our clients and partners. This personal information may include: your name and contact information; date of birth; preferred communication methods; business name (in the case of a corporate partner/university) and business address; bank details and credit card details. We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your passport number, country of origin and your usage of the site.
We also collect the following information:
- Sensitive information
The term "sensitive information" in this context refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. Whilst we do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is necessary, we do specifically collect additional relevant information which may help us to assist you in preparing for submitting statements to universities of your choice and to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for further study. By providing the sensitive information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
- Contacting us via website or otherwise
When you use www.studyin-uk.com website (“Our Site”) or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number as well as location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may choose to ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
3. What do we do with the collected personal information?
We use personal information to provide the services you request from SI-UK such as to facilitate: staff administration, administration of your application facilitate bookings of classes and appointments with our own or third party service providers and other transactions. We may also use the information to: advertise products and services, to process payments and maintain accounts and records. In addition, we use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
We may also use your details to send you newsletters and promotions, and to conduct online surveys or surveys by telephone, via email, telephone or post. We will also use the information in the course of collecting your student application fees and any other payments that may be due to us from you. If you apply for employment at SI-UK, we use the personal information you supply to process your job application.
4. How secure is my information?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
5. What about links to other websites?
Our site may include links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
6. What rights do I have in relation to my personal information?
The Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like to access your personal information contact us by email to email@example.com or by post to SI-UK, 211-213 Regents Street, Mayfair, London W1B 4NF.
7. Notices and revisions
- For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users come to our sites and how often they visit. We collect data listing which pages are most frequently visited and by which users and from which countries.
Updating your Personal Information